Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Final Testimonies

Some of the March 13-22, 2009 Crown Council Humanitarian Group shared their thoughts and feelings about their time in the Dominican Republic. We captured some of their testimonies on video.


Dr. Dan Humiston said, "As far as the work aspect is concerned it's been a great opportunity to practice in conditions like this. It's been years and years since I have. I have never been around this socioeconomic level and it's very eye opening. I really, really feel fortunate to be able to be here and work with this group and it's made me really fortunate for what I have."

Tyler Powers said, "It's been a neat trip. It's been quite the eye opener and to see how little these people have, it's been great to help them out."

Also, Dr. Ken Hawthorn said about the trip, "For many years I wanted to go on a mission trip. Rather than a 50th birthday celebration, our family came to the Dr. with Smiles for Hope. What a wonderful experience to be able to share our talents and care for our worldly family. I will never forget the friendships we made, the happy faces of the children, the people we helped, and all the emotions that we experienced. Our lives have changed forever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment